Sunday, October 13, 2013

Hello Taiwan!

Finally, escaped to Taiwan!

Flying off from KL to Taoyuan need around 4hours. AA flight seat is really horrible! I feels so uncomfortable for the whole journey but yet it's a new experience for me. Yes, my first international flight at age 24? Laugh at me then.
I always like to snap picture of the window view. It's beautiful and you won't be able to capture the same picture with the same cloud again in future. 

Reached Taoyuan safely around 2pm.
After immigration and baggage collection, we proceed to Taiwan Tourism Board Center which is just in front of the departure hall to redeem our digital tour buddy phone and also apply for youth card.

First station, Taichung!
I need to take Ubus from Taoyuan airport to THSR Taoyuan  and then from THSR Taoyuan to THSR Taichung. The cost is NT30 each adult per way for Ubus and NT540 each adult per way for THSR. There's another option to go Taichung from Taoyuan, you can take their normal bus which need around 2hours plus to reach Taichung City and it cost less than NT300.


THSR Schedule : http://www.thsrc.com.tw/index.html

Passed by Hsinchu.
No chance to explore this place, it gonna be in my list for next visit. 


Reached Taichung on time at 5.35pm.
You know what? Taiwan public transport is always on time! Plus, they do provide a good services. Not like Malaysia, the public transport always late and you will get bad service if the person selling ticket is in bad mood. They will treat you like you owing them a thousand million and showing you their "blackface". 

I'm starting to miss Taiwan lifestyle now! :( 

Back to the topic.
Walked to exit 6 to take cab from THSR Taichung to Fengjia. In Taiwan, you were no need to worry about public transport, and don't shy to ask! The Taiwanese is always friendly. We took cab from THSR to Fengjia which just cost us NT285. 

Finally, checked in! 



This is the lobby for the hostel that I stayed - Like the decoration and environment.
Not going to introduce this hostel name as the service they provided to me are so un-pro I can say. There's some misunderstanding for the room reservation and we had some argument on that. At last, I cold down myself and accepted the solution that they could provide to me although I'm not happy la. 


The hostel environment is not bad actually. It's clean and safe but the toilet is quite small. It's suitable for backpack couple. Big NO NO for big luggage, if not you will need to carry like crazy to the 4th floor. This is what I experienced! 
Well, lesson learned and my journey in Taiwan begins. 







No comments: